The Georgia World Congress Center Authority is the largest combined sports, entertainment, and convention complexes in the world. Hosting over 550 events, welcoming more than 2.4 million visitors, and approximately 175K combined followers on social media.
The GWCCA’s Communications department is responsible for being the voice of the Georgia Dome, Georgia World Congress Center, and Centennial Olympic Park. Many of their external audience/visitors assumed each event facility was a separate entity and were unaware of them being under the same organization.
GWCCA’s objective was to develop an engaging online presence that represented unity among the three facilities by organically communicating the brand values and engaging with their online audience.
- Social Media Footprint:
- Removed online channels that have been inactive for years including the organizations Tumblr, YouTube, and Pintrest accounts.
- We removed single-standing channels/duplicates and created one centralized GWCCA profile for LinkedIn. This also included a unifying graphic that represented the brands values as a whole.
- Developed an easy-to-use internal social media calendar that each PR specialist could access and mange the content for their respective facilities.
- Created organic content and scheduled weekly posts for each venue on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Created a GWCCA SnapChat account to give the online audience an inside look of the live events happening on campus in real-time.
- Partnered with Atlanta’s inaugural music festival, SweetWater 420 Fest, to launch the New Snapchat Account!
- Social Media:
- Increased Social Media Engagement by 15%
- Increased daily post frequency by 5%
- Decreased Avg. response time by 4%
- Clarified the brand’s overall online presence and awareness by communicating companies value proposition